Monday, July 21, 2008

My Job

I think I am burnt out. I've been at my job for the last 10 years. I have had different positions within the same group. I think I have had enough though. I'm unmotivated. My job is date driven. If I don't have anything due in the next day or two I don't do anything. I can't seem to work ahead. I used to be on top of my game. I used to have everything all organized and color coded. Now I just don't care. I do what I need to get by and nothing more. There is little or no reward for doing extra so why bother? I'm not worried about losing my job cause I still do what I need to. There are people who do nothing and are still around. The place I work is so afraid of being sued it takes a lot to get fired. In ten years I don't think I have ever seen anyone actually get fired. They clear out the poor performers when they do massive job cuts. Or they move them on to a different group.
I've tried looking for another job, but the economy is terrible. The only thing in the paper by me is the Men's Club looking for dancers. After having 3 kids, I don't think I am qualified for that position.

No comments: