Friday, July 18, 2008

It's About Time

This blog has been sitting awhile waiting for someone to come and post something. And here it is. WOW! I feel like it has to be monumentous because it is the first post. I don't want it to be depressing cause then that would be getting this blog off on the wrong foot. Though I can't say all the posts here will be puppies and daisies. The name is Thought that are Deep after all. BTW- Deep Thoughts was already taken. I haven't checked it out. It could be scary.

So here is something that has bothered me. Have you noticed the paper seat covers that are in the women's bathrooms? They weren't there 10 years ago, were they? I'd say 3-5 years ago they became a fixture in the women's bathroom. I can't speak for the men's bathroom. I imagine they are in there too. In the stalls. Anyways... I grew up putting two strips of toilet paper on the seat before I did my business in the public rest room. Or I did the hoover if it was really nasty. I just can't get used to the paper covers. They are so light weight that they fly off in the breeze created by pulling down your pants, or in the whoosh created when you go to sit. And then there is the punch out center. Are you supposed to punch it out before you put it down or do you let your pee stream push it down? The few times I have used these I punched it out first because I was afraid the pee would pool up on the thin paper and then I would be all wet. I'll stick to my toilet paper strips, or if I am especially brave I will risk it and go bare cheek on the toilet seat like I would do at home. Has anyone ever really caught anything from sitting on a toilet seat? Maybe I will carry some sanitizer around and start wiping down the seat before I squat. Have you noticed what it says on the packaging for the paper seat covers? "Provided by the Management for your protection". Who exactly is the Management that decided to use some of the budget to provide these? And why do they want to protect my A$$?

No comments: